Mini Perfume Haul

01 02 03 04
05 13 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 52
53

Au fait with some of the best quotes when it comes to perfume? If not, let me share these with you:
“A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future.” - Coco Chanel
“A woman's perfume tells more about her than her handwriting.” - Christian Dior
''When a woman is in the arms of a man she loves, in the dark of the night, the perfume she is wearing plays a very important role''. - Jean-Paul Guerlain
Well there you have it! Wise words spoken by the genius perfumers from the brand ambassadors that are Chanel, Dior and Guerlain.
If you’re one of those girls that feels absolutely naked if you leave the house forgetting to put perfume on then it is with this post that I pay homage to you for your passion that is the luxury of perfume!
Ok so we’ve all done it where we have rushed out the door having forgotten to spritz ourselves with our most favourite of scents only having to go the whole day kicking ourselves for smelling rather ordinary rather than smelling extraordinary!
C. JoyBell C was so right when she said that “You are never fully dressed without perfume!”
Can you imagine a world without fragrances? I dread the thought! As girls we all love to be seduced by the marvellous bouquets on offer by some of the finest perfumers out there and as my perfume drawer was looking a little sad in terms of needing a top up, I hit the stores hence this postage on my mini perfume haul of two new bottles and along with that, a shout out for two of my other faves!
I generally tend to go for fragrances that have sweet, sugary, vanilla or caramel notes which you will see in the either the top heart or base notes I have added to accompany my purchases!
Angel by Thierry Mugler is my favourite perfume ever! There is something magical about this fragrance, something I can't describe. A fragrance that I always need to have in my collection. Angel's top notes are bergamot, mandarin and cocoa powder. Heart notes are passion fruit, peach and apricot and the base notes are patchouli, vanilla, chocolate, and caramel.
Then there is Prada Candy by Prada which is a beautiful and very feminine fragrance. It reminds me of candy floss and all things pretty and pink! This is one already in my collection as you can see from the box it’s a little battered! Prada Candy's top notes are a mix of musks. Heart notes are a balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin and the base notes are a delicious mix of caramel.
Ah! Then there is Oriens by Van Cleef & Arpels which is a timeless fragrance and whilst it is somewhat fruity, it really leaves you wanting more. Oriens top notes are mandarin, orange, black currant and raspberry. Heart notes are jasmine and white flowers and the base notes are patchouli, praline, amber and vanilla.
Wow! Then comes Tom Ford's Black Orchid. This is another in my current collection. To me, this is an evocative fragrance and somewhat dark as if it had its very own secrets. One spritz of this and you get lost in a whirlwind of the beautiful top notes that are black truffle, ylang, fresh bergamot and blackcurrant. Heart notes are black orchid and lotus wood and the base notes that are patchouli, incense, vetiver, vanilla tears, balsam and sandalwood.
Oh my! With such lovely fragrances like these, the compliments are endless so if you're looking to add to your collection of fragrances, go on in to House of Fraser to try these to see which has the best affinity to your skin and remember that applying perfume can be the simplest of matters but to get it to stay longer means applying it to the ‘pulse points’ – these are the locations on the body where the blood vessels are closest to the skin i.e. inner wrists, throat, behind ear lobes, behind knees and the inner elbows.
For those who prefer the use of cologne via an atomiser, there are some gorgeous vintage atomisers on eBay that will add some magic to your power room / dressing room!  The one pictured here is one that I use for decoration in my powder room!  Isn't it pretty! :-)
 
   ♥ XOXO ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...